Monday 10 October 2011

San Francisco



"Photography for me is not looking, it’s feeling. If you can’t feel what you’re looking at, then you’re never going to get others to feel anything when they look at your pictures." - Don McCullin

Earlier this week, I realised I hadn't retouched many images from my California Road Trip! It was so great to come back to these images and remember all the different things I did and saw. I found myself remembering atmospheres, scenes and feelings so clear, just as if I was back in the hot melting sun of SF, once again.

The buzz and energy that San Francisco seemed to ooze, in a sort of 'New England' manor.
The stillness and cold concrete of Alcatraz, with the haunting stories, came back to me.
And missing my one and only love from over 5000 miles away....

Maybe you can feel something from my photographs

Above - feathers caught in a net at the pier on the dock
Below - old man sleeping as tourists the sun beams down on SF

Below - Alcatraz



No comments:

Post a Comment