Thursday 30 December 2010

light english air

I went for a walk today.

Just around a public footpath I haven't walked down before. (Which is hard to do in my small village) It started off at a farm around some Dove Cots which have been converted into houses, and ended in a place called Froghall Lane. I was on my return walking down a public footpath with the highest arched trees growing overhead, and I noticed an elderly man pushing a wheelbarrow full of sticks. After following him for a while I overtook and spoke to him a few minutes after.

"What can you see?"
he asked from behind me. I turned around and spoke to him for a few minutes, and he explained how he preserves the public footpath I had just walked down. He fills it with bulbs and beautiful flowers, which he urged I shall have to go and see in the spring. I wish I had his name, and I wish I had a photo of him, but there is always a next time, and I'm definitely going back for the spring.

I love meeting people and maybe realising what is where for what reasons. Without him this place would be completely overgrown and no one would be able to walk down. I had no idea, and obviously no one else will. Just makes me think, always look at things in more ways than one because you never know why some things belong.





1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful blog post, one that I really take to heart.

    ReplyDelete